Today, I’ll be sharing with you my all-time favorite homemade fudgy brownie recipe. For years, I’ve tried countless of brownie recipes, but they either turned out too cakey, too sweet, or too gooey.
After several tweaks and ratio adjustments, I have found my ultimate go-to brownies recipe.
Ardeena’s Favourite Chocolate Brownies
– 180g of Eggs
– 170g of Brown Sugar
– 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
– 300g of Dark Chocolate (I love using Lindt 70% Dark Chocolate)
– 180g of Unsalted Butter
– 60g of All-Purpose Flour
– 38g of Cocoa Powder
– 3g of Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 170 Celcius and grease and line a 9×9 square tin with parchment paper.
- Prepare all the ingredients as listed above.
- Next, you will need to prepare a bain-marie to melt Ingredients B. First I will take a pot and fill it with some water and place it over a burner. Once the water starts simmering, I will remove it from the heat and place my mixture right above. This method is to ensure that there is no direct heat that might burn the chocolate. Set aside once the chocolate and butter have completely melted.
- Now, combine Ingredients A and place it over the same hot water pot. Whisk it until it reaches ribbon stage. The ribbon stage is when the mixture turns pale yellow and when you lift a whisk or spoon form the mixture, a solid line or ribbon of the egg mixture will fall from the spoon into the bowl and slowly disappear into the mixture. I recommend using an electric mixer as it will take around five to six minutes. Set aside.
- Next up, gently fold in Ingredients B into Ingredients A.
- Once combine, sift and fold in Ingredients C. Do not overmix the batter or you will end up with a dry and chewy brownie.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin & garnish the batter with sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!